Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day 2 Day 2

Today has been not so bad, but I'm already not digging the "lemonade" and I must admit to those who may find my blog by searching for the Master Cleanse (which isn't that likely), that I have cheated a bit. I had veggie juice earlier this afternoon, but in my defense, it was juiced here on my premises and I didn't chew anything. Also, I did have a cup of decaf chocolate tea because I was freezing (a side effect) and needed something besides the lemon. Kill the lemon.

I'm not sure how long I'll go this time. In July, I made it 8 days, but I seem to be more bored quicker this time. Thankfully though, the things I do want to eat are good for me, like salads and avocados. Man, I would love an avocado right now.

I was 2 pounds lighter this morning, which I'm sure was water weight, but I feel less bloated, so that's nice.

Funny story: I had some running around to do for work this morning and I was listening to Way FM, which, if you don't know is a Christian Rock station, and I guess since the station is located about an hour north, we don't always get the best signal. As such, I pulled up along side someone listening to Howard Stern on satellite and picked up their broadcast on my radio. What a juxtaposition of broadcasted musings! Howard Stern was making fun of some reporter and on Way the song I feature on my Masthead by Superchicks was on. So, we have Howard Stern making fun of someone, then Superchicks singing to stand your ground. It was almost so perfectly blended that the two could have been recorded together. The song and my piggybacking of stations ended about the same time.

And while I'm here, a word on Christian Rock. My mom has been listening to it for a while, and then when I started attending church, she told me a lot of the songs we sing in the service are on the radio, so I started tuning in. Really, you can't tell the difference in the music, as far as beats and not being cheesy go, except that the words are uplifting and spiritual. If your curious, a couple of my favorites are Aaron Shust, Casting Crowns, Building 429, and The Newsboys. Some of the songs are even mainstreamed.

All right, I've thought too much, and I'm getting a little dizzy . . . wooooooooo

1 comment:

Mel said...

My mom is huge into The Newsboys. I haven't yet gotten into the Christian rock thing. I definitely see the value in it, but so far I've just avoided the radio all together in order to escape the negative mainstream. I listen to my cds and that's it. I may check out some of your suggestions and see if I can get into it.

Don't beat yourself up if you decide to modify your cleanse a wee bit. No matter what, you're doing a good thing for your body and starting the new year off on the right foot.