Thursday, November 08, 2007

Exhausted

Today, I completed my first lesson for Meet the Masters, a program to bring art to life for the students. I'm teaching a class of kindergarteners and wow, I take back all those mean things I said about Peyton's teacher. Well, at least some of them, she did chose to be a kindergarten teacher.

I wasn't really sure what to expect. Another mother who had kindergarten last year warned me that their attention span isn't that long or great, so keep it short. I did prepare a few things to go over with the kids, but I wasn't as prepared as I should have been. Honestly, I just didn't know what to do or how much. Also, I let the kids get away with too much talking because the teacher kept interrupting to tell them to sit down and be quiet.

It was definitely a learning experience and I think next time will be even better.

3 comments:

tamblair said...

You know, you are doing more stuff in your kid's school than I am doing in mine. And you have a job. Props.

Anonymous said...

Kindergartener's can be ROUGH!!

Rebecca said...

Way to be involved! I just turned in Brooks' application for ACA. Do you know how strange that is?