Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It Can Change in an Instant

On the way back to work from lunch, I was listening to the country station and they were taking requests. A lady called and brokenly asked if she could request a song. She went on to say that she had just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She dedicated "Live Like You Were Dying" to her children and promised, with a tearful voice, that she would fight it. Tears welled up in my own eyes as I thought about this poor woman and her family. I pray that God watches out for them.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I will pray for this woman and her children,knowing that God knows who she is. As you know, pancreatic cancer is what took my dad - four months after diagnosis. It's an ugly cancer and terribly hard to survive because it is often found late.

Thanks for posting this on your blog. Most people usually don't think about how quickly everything can change. But even when you learn the hard way, you find that it's really just about holding on to your faith with all you can. This life is not the promise - heaven is.

Dixie said...

I don't think there is a person alive that cancer has not touched with it's evil black fingers.

I hate cancer.

I too will pray.

tamblair said...

It does remind you that we are not in control. And the scariest part about cancer is how long it is in your body before you even know. I will remember her in my prayers, too, as I know first hand what it is like to watch someone you love suffer.

And that song always gives me chills.