Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Break It Down

Last night was one of those rare times where I actually felt like a patient, involved, good mother. Larry was out with a business associate, so it was just me and the boys. I went walking with a coworker after work, and since I picked the kids up a little late, I stopped by Burger King to treat them and take some dinner stress off me.

We all sat at the table, without the TV on and actually talked about what happened during the day. After a nice dinner, the boys watched a brief 20 minutes of cartoons while I showered, then we sat down to complete Peyton's homework and practice his spelling words. We blew through all the pages he needed to complete for the week AND we made a "book" out of some pages in his math workbook. After homework, the boys got in the bath and although they made a mess, they were actually getting along. When bath time was over and PJs were on, we sat on the couch and read Peyton's library book, then the boys went to Peyton's room to play for a bit before bed. Go mom!

Then Larry arrived home . . .

3 comments:

tamblair said...

Love it! At least they weren't wrestling.

carrie said...

Too funny. So did it take them forever to get calm for bed?

Rebecca said...

That is great! Love the videos!