Thursday, December 14, 2006

Play Away

Last night, I went with a friend to a surpise women's party* and much fun was had by all. I also discovered pomegranite martinis which are delish!

*For those slow ones out there, think of the phrase, "The only difference between men and boys are the size of their toys." Now replace men and boys with women and girls and throw in a battery operated somewhere.

We had such a grand time that I signed up to host my own. I'm hoping for the end of January, enough time past Christmas, but just in time for Valentine's Day.

There is one thing though that can kill a good time rather quickly, when I arrived home at about 10:00, both boys were still awake, watching TV with their father. Seriously! I very quickly read them a book and spanked them soundly and put them to bed. (ok, I didn't spank them soundly, I saved that for Larry (ok, I didn't even do that.))

Bedtime is really just crappy time at our house. Peyton has NEVER gone to bed easy and Shey, who used to be my dream sleeper, has learned the ways of the older stubborn brother. Last night, though, I was not having it and they both threw fits from their bedrooms. Oh well. I told Larry, if we can't control these children at 2 and 4, what are we going to do later.

I feel a smackdown coming in the K household.

No comments: