Monday, October 09, 2006

Things to Remember

Peyton and Shey have been doing so many cute little things lately that I just wanted to write some of them down to remember.

Shey has this teddy bear he received when he was born that plays the ABC's when you squeeze the block he's holding. The other night, I squeezed it for Shey, and he started singing along with the bear. He didn't know all the letters, but he had the tune down pretty well and would interject a letter here or there. We must have squeezed that block 10 times to watch him bop up and down to the ABC's.

When I picked Peyton up from Sunday school yesterday, his teacher was letting all the parents know that all the boys had prayed in class. My heart swelled up and it was all I could do not to cry walking down the hall to get Shey. When we got to the car, I asked hom about it and what he prayed for. He said, all my friends mommies and daddies, grandma and grandpa and poppy and grandmommie. Then I had to try not to cry again.

Shey has been talking up a storm lately. His latest is to ask me what things are,

"what's this?"
"lotion"
"oh."

"What's this?"
"shower"
"oh"

"What's this?"
"lotion"
"oh"

(That wasn't a typo, he asked me what the lotion was like 500 times.)

Yesterday, our friends came over with their new baby twin girls (awwwwwwwww) and they brought pastries over to snack on. Larry shared his with Shey, who promptly said, "hmmmmmm, good!"

Peyton's rule for bedtime, (meaning the one he came up with) is that if he wakes up in the middle of the night with a stomach ache he can come to our bed. We repeat this rule out loud every night before he goes to bed.

It's really crazy the difference in the boy's heights. We've noticed that Peyton has looked taller lately, especially in comparison to Shey, who doesn't appear to be growing at all (in fact, he's compact and can fit in most oversized compartments (inside laugh at home)). When I took Peyton to the doctor last Monday for a rash, they measured him and he's 44 inches tall, 2 inches taller than he was for his 4 year check up in May. He's going to be taller than both of us before he's 10 probably. Shey on the other hand, is growing mentally, but he's still so little, and it's just so cute. I just want to be able to remember them at these ages.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I just can't believe how quickly they grow, and all the adorable things they do. I think it's important we keep track of those cute things now, so that we have them to look back on when they are teenagers and we're pulling out our hair!