1. Have your spouse wake up with lower back pain.
2. Have the pain be so bad, you take him to the ER.
3. Have the ER give a preliminary diagnosis of kidney stones and run more test.
4. Have two CT scans and an ultrasound run.
5. Have the scans show a strange mass on your spouse's right kidney that they don't know what it is.
6. Spend 12 hours at the ER, then go home with no news really and an appt. with an urologist.
7. Go to the Urologist and have her and her partner tell you that the mass needs to come out.
8. Have them also tell you that in order for the mass to come out, the whole kidney needs to come out.
9. Also, they don't know if it's cancerous or not until the kidney comes out.
10. This all needs to happen in the next 3 weeks.
Of course, we're going to get a second opinion and see a kidney specialist, but we're both terrified.
I just wish it was me instead.