Thursday, October 12, 2006

Stepping it Up

A co-worker is training for the Disney marathon that takes place in January. There are a group of women walking the marathon with her and they meet throughout the week to train together. Yesterday, she asked me to join her as Wednesday is a shorter distance night and I agreed. We walked 4 miles in an hour. I feel pretty good today except for some stiffness and a couple of blisters on the lower part of my heel where it meets my Achilles tendon, a weird, weird place for a blister. I've read up this morning on blisters and now know I need to lube up my feet before going out. I also need to buy a couple more pairs of good running socks. I'm pretty much in awe of myself. I know it's not a huge distance, but it's more than I've ever done.

Next week, they are doing 6 miles and I'm actually kinda looking forward to it.

No comments: