Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11

This day holds such bittersweet memories for me. As many of you who either know me in real life, or have met me through here know, on September 11, 2001 at 6:15 or so in the morning, I found out I was pregnant with Peyton and our lives changed forever. Then barely 3 hours later, the attacks occurred and the world as a whole changed forever.

The first event was over a year and a half in the making, the second, who knows.

The first event filled me with wonder, happiness and fear, the second, terror and wondering what kind of place was I bringing a baby in to.

I remember mom calling me to see if I was ok and if I had heard while I was calling her to tell her she was going to be a grandmother. My emotions bounced from thrilled apprehension to nervous dread.

Today, especially, I pray for all those children who lost parents on that fateful day, for the mothers and fathers who are raising their children alone, and for the rest of us, that we may never feel that way again.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Amen.