Tuesday, September 25, 2007

P.K Phone Home

Peyton made his first telephone call to a person outside of our family last night and let me just say I think it was one of the cutest things I have ever witnessed. He started off by asking me why Tyler didn't come over to play with him. I answered that I wasn't sure, but it may have something to do with the fact that it was raining and dark out. So then I asked him if he wanted to call Tyler. He said yes and even agreed to ask for him. I dialed the number and handed Peyton the phone. This was my side of the conversation.

"Tyler?"
"Tyler?" Bewildered look at me.

Me whispering, "Ask to talk to Tyler."

"Can I talk to Tyler?"

Apparently it started to take to long for Peyton's liking because he started to sing, "Tyyyylllleeeer, Tyyyylllleeerrr."

Peyton then gave me the bewildered look again and handed me the phone. I could hear Tyler's family talking in the background and his mother say, "The phone's for you."

Finally, Tyler answered.

"Tyler?"

Me whispering, "Tell him it's Peyton."

"Peyton."
"Why didn't you come over?"

Then Peyton put it on speaker phone so I could translate. Tyler answered that his mom said he couldn't because it was a school night.

Peyton replied, "It's ok if you get wet. Boys can get wet." (Larry had told him that earlier in the day when it was raining.) I explained that Tyler couldn't come over because it was too late. Then Peyton just stopped talking. I prompted him to talk.

"Tyler"

"yeeeahhhh?" Tyler replied, clearly not impressed with Peyton's phone skills.

Whispered by me "Tell him you'll see him this weekend."

"I'll see you this weekend."

Whispered, "Talk to you later."

"Talk to you later."

Whispered, "Bye."

"Bye."

Whew! I may not have to worry about him getting married till he's 30.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

You wish. In reality, the girls do all the talking when a boy calls them. Although, in this day and age; the girl is more and more likely to call the boy. Not MY daughter, you understand. I'm just saying.

On another note, if you can wear coral you would probably ROCK the ornage lip.

Anonymous said...

That is the "sweetest"!

Dixie said...

Girl, that is just too funny!

Kids are a great source of entertainment, when they are not being a total pain in the.......