Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Beep Beep Beep

I was in the middle of negotiating a deal with the Pro shop to trade golf shoes and a new driver for vet services when an urgent hand shoved me and a whisper came out of the dark,

"Ka, what's that beeping?"

I layed there quietly for a moment, listening, groggy from sleep, until I heard it too.

"It's the computer. There must have been a power surge."

Of course, I knew what the beeping was. We've lived in the house over two years and I investigate the weird noises, know the house without turning on the lights, and am awake all the time. Apparently, it has been a figment of Larry living with me, because he has yet to master the floorplan of the house and its noises.

As he walks down the hall that is straight, and leads directly to the office, he turns on the hall light, which floods all three bedrooms with light.

Fucker.

Then he has the nerve to give me lip for being aggrevated at being awoken at 4 am.

"But you're always up!"

But I wasn't this time, or I would have walked down the hall, in the dark no less, turned off the computer and returned to bed without anyone in the family being none the wiser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Movie!

Nicole said...

Aaric does that crap all the time!!!!!