Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Relay for Life

Yesterday, a co-worker and friend lost her mother to cancer. From what I understand, it started as breast cancer and then spread. She has only been working with us for about a month, so I didn't want to pry too much, but also within that month, I've discovered that she is a kind, giving person and it just sucks that she and her family are going through this.

Too many of my family members and friends have been affected by cancer and I imagine you or someone you know has been affected as well. While writing this, I was quickly thinking about people by name that I know personally who have had cancer and the list just keeps going.

I know I've mentioned it before, but we're a little over a month away from our Relay for Life. I've set a goal of $500.00 and I'm a little more than halfway there. I know times are tight and we are all trying to save where we can, but if you are able, any size donation would be greatly appreciated.

Relay for Life

No comments: