Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blessed

I have been reading Looky Daddy for at least a year now and while I may not always agree with his views, he almost always makes me laugh. Except for now. His oldest daughter Kathryn was diagnosed with epilepsy 9 months ago and the seizures have been getting progressively stronger and longer. She is in the hospital now for further testing and I just can't imagine how scary for all of them this must be.

Differences aside, we are all parents loving and worrying about our kids. The Internet can be a wonderful place, one that thousands of people draw stength from in dark times like these. Even though I will probably never meet this dad, he and his family are in my prayers and I'm hoping you will add them to yours.

Larry and I are so blessed to have two healthy children. I know I am going to hug my boys a little tighter tonight and say an extra prayer of thanks.

1 comment:

carrie said...

I cannot imagine having to deal with a very sick child. We will keep this family in our prayers.